TOGGLED Awarded 12 New LED Lighting Patents in 2012
Altair’s LED lighting subsidiary expands patent portfolio to lighting controls, building communications, bulbs and fluorescent-tube replacement
Troy, Mich., Dec. 18, 2012 – TOGGLED, developer and producer of next-generation solid-state lighting technology, reported today it has received 12 new LED lighting patents issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2012. With a total of 25 patents issued and more than 50 patents pending, TOGGLED’s foundational patent portfolio for the replacement of fluorescent tubes with light-emitting diodes (LEDs) further positions the company as an industry leader in the LED lighting market.
“These recent patents reflect technology that is crucial for both TOGGLED and our licensees,” said Dave Simon, president of TOGGLED. “As a U.S. manufacturer, focused research and development that deepens and broadens our intellectual property is central to our growth strategy and delivering on the many benefits promised by LED lighting. We look forward to moving these and future innovations into high-volume, commercial production to continue to offer exciting new LED lighting products to our customers.”
The U.S Patent numbers and titles issued in 2012 are:
- 8,093,823: “Light Sources Incorporating Light Emitting Diodes”
- 8,118,447; “LED Lighting Apparatus with Swivel Connection”
- D650,097: “Screw-in LED Bulb”
- D661,415: “Screw-in LED Bulb”
- 8,214,084: “Integration of Building Lighting with LED Controls”
- 8,247,985: “Light Tube and Power Supply Circuit”
- 8,251,544: “Lighting Including Integral Communication Apparatus”
- 8,256,924: “LED-Based Light Having Rapidly Oscillating LEDs”
- 8,282,247: “Method of Forming LED-Based Light and Resulting LED-Based Light”
- 8,299,695: “Screw-in LED Bulb Comprising a Base Having Outwardly Projecting Nodes”
- 8,324,817: “Light and Light Sensor”
- 8,330,381: “Electronic Circuit for DC Conversion of Fluorescent Lighting Ballast”
TOGGLED is focused on the advancement and high-volume production of its mercury-free, highly efficient, UL-Classified LED tubes to be the leading U.S. manufacturer of commercial-grade LED lighting solutions.
More information about TOGGLED and its products are available at www.toggled.com.
TOGGLED is a Troy, Michigan-based company focused on next-generation solid-state lighting technology. The company was formed in 2007 as a spinoff venture and wholly owned subsidiary of Altair. Products are derived from TOGGLED's intellectual property for the direct replacement of fluorescent light tubes with LED lamps. TOGGLED is a member of the Michigan Solid-State Lighting Association and supports the organization’s mission of ensuring that Michigan is a global leader in solid-state lighting research, development and manufacturing. For more information, please visit www.toggled.com.
Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held, with 1,800 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 27-year track record for high-end software for engineering and computing, enterprise analytics solutions, and innovative product design and development, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com or www.simulatetoinnovate.com.